Here's how Aladdin Solar will install your PV racking system to ensure a weather-tight, sturdy and long-lasting attachment to your shingle roof.
1. The installer locates the rafter and drills the proper sized pilot hole for the stainless steel lag screw.
2. A small amount of tripolymer sealant is added under and on top of the shingle at the hole. Then the heavy aluminum base plate is positioned.
3. The stainless steel lag screw is driven through the roof surface and into the rafter. Note the stainless steel bolt at the lower side of the base plate (by the installer's thumb)--this is the attachment point for the "L" brackets.
4. The lag screw is driven home making a long-lasting, sturdy and weather-tight connection.
5. The installer slides the flashing under the next row of shingles and positions the flashing so the lag screw is covered.
The lag screw/roof penetration is completely protected and weatherproof. The stainless steel bolt is ready to receive the "L" bracket.
6. The "L" bracket is positioned over the stainless steel bolt projecting from the flashed base plate.
7. The installer snugs the stainless steel flange nut onto the mounting bolt.
8. The sturdy aluminum PV mounting rails are connected to the "L" brackets with stainless steel hardware as well.
9. A torque wrench is used to tighten all mounting hardware according to the manufacturer's specification.
Mounting racks are secure and ready for the next installation step: grounding, wiring and mounting of the PV modules.
Our office is in Excelsior, MN. We serve Minneapolis, St. Paul, all of the Twin Cities area (including Blaine, Bloomington, Burnsville, Chanhassen, Chaska, Eagan, Eden Prairie, Edina, Lakeville, Maple Grove, Maplewood, Minnetonka, Plymouth, Wayzata, and Woodbury) and the southern half of Minnesota.